Loughaghery Presbyterian Church
THE YOUNG PEOPLES’ GUILD
The Young Peoples’ Guild was formed in 1943 during the ministry of Rev. David Creelman. Its aim was the social, educational and spiritual advancement of its members. The meetings were held fortnightly in the Session House. At one time the membership was as high as eighty-eight.The programme consisted of debates, lectures, slides, quizzes and variety nights. Social evenings were held in Anahilt Orange Hall to which members of neighbouring guilds were invited.
In 1952 The Young Peoples’ Guild and the Girls’ Auxiliary presented a gift to the Church of Individual Communion Cups.
The last available record of stated meetings was March 1968.