ANNOUNCEMENTS – Sunday 30 September 2018
A very warm welcome to all who join us for worship in Loughaghery. Whether you are a member or a visitor, we hope you will feel very much at home with us.
- Harvest Supper on Sunday Night. There is still some food required for the supper, please see the list in the Welcome area if you can help, as we are having a visiting choir and minister, more food is needed. Tray bakes can be left in the Church hall on Sunday morning or from 5.45 in the evening. All help is very welcome to serve the supper and clear up afterwards.
- Ladies Fellowship will recommence this Monday night (1st October) at 8pm in the Welcome area. Our guest speaker will be Sandra Robinson from Edengrove Presbyterian Church who will be demonstrating her crafting skills and sharing her testimony with us. We would love to see you there, come along and join with us in fun and fellowship!
- Prayer Meeting on Wednesday from 7pm to 8pm in the choir room. All will be most welcome and encouraged to come along and Pray. The Church is also available if you want to have your own private “quiet time”.
- Flower Arranging class will be held on Thursday 4th October at 8 pm in preparation for Harvest. Information sheets are on table in Welcome Area. All welcome.
- E. will meet on Friday night from 6.30 to 8pm.
- In preparation for our Harvest Thanksgiving Services a general tidy up of the Church grounds will take place next Saturday morning 6th October at 9.30am. All help appreciated.
- Church Decorating on Saturday morning. The church will be open from 9.30am on Saturday morning for anyone wishing to donate fruit, vegetables and flowers for the Harvest decorations. Everyone interested is very welcome to come along and help. Many hands make light work
- Harvest Services. Our annual Harvest Services will be held on Sunday 7th October at 11am and 6:30pm. The Guest Preacher at the morning service is Rev. Angus McCullough from Magheragall Presbyterian Church with special music by the Church Choir.
The Guest Preacher at the evening service is Rev. Mervyn Gibson with special music by Ballymena Presbytery Male Voice Choir followed by supper in the Church Hall.
A special offering for Church Funds will be taken up at the Services and there is an envelope in your Weekly Offering Boxes. Everyone Welcome. There are Invitation Cards on the Welcome Area table so please take some for family and friends.
- Would all organisations please forward their hall bookings to Raymond Gourley as soon as possible so as the planner can be set up.
- An open invitation to Africa in Focus. A special evening being held in Saintfield Road Presbyterian Church, Belfast on Friday 26 October 2018 at 7.30pm. See notice board for further details.
- Mission focus. Mission focus for September/October is Nepal. Please remember our PCI missionaries in your prayers. Pray for Peter and Jayne Fleming, along with Peter and Valerie Lockwood who live and work in Kathmandu. Peter Fleming works with United Mission to Nepal as an advisor in Integral Development, whilst Jayne teaches in Kathmandu International Study Centre [KISC]. Peter Lockwood works with UMN as programme Advisor. Valerie teaches Business Studies and English part-time, also in KISC. Please pray for this very important work carried out by our missionaries on your behalf.
Rev. Patterson can be contacted at the manse on 028 92 638977. For your information, Rev Patterson’s day off is Monday.
Announcements should be in by Thursday night at 6pm. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 92682467.